505 autogearbox
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 505 autogearbox

Icon9 505 autogearbox

Anybody out there know where I can get an ZF 3HP 18 auto gearbox. Mine to quote the mechanic is "shot". I have a 1984 505 GR wagon, air con etc. It has a 2 bolt starter motor attachment to bell housing. I am looking at $2500 max for a rebuild! anything cheaper would be a help. As we have 4 kids and my wifes car is a 5 seater, the need for a speedy repair is GREAT.Thanx Rowley

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rowley
    Anybody out there know where I can get an ZF 3HP 18 auto gearbox. Mine to quote the mechanic is "shot". I have a 1984 505 GR wagon, air con etc. It has a 2 bolt starter motor attachment to bell housing. I am looking at $2500 max for a rebuild! anything cheaper would be a help. As we have 4 kids and my wifes car is a 5 seater, the need for a speedy repair is GREAT.Thanx Rowley
    I have one out of an 82 GR not sure if it is the same but pretty sure. It drove fine when I picked up the car and parked it in the drive way. It is in Canberra and still in the car. I also have one from a 82 SRDT but it will have a different bellhousing attachment. Give me a call on 0402316579 if you are interested.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Fellow Frogger!

I've got a few of them as well, all in good order but no closer to you than cruiserman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowley
    I have one out of a 505 sr wagon its in bungendore I could have it brought to wollongong if it is any help
    regards jamie
    ph 0408426774

Icon7

Thank you very much! I will try to call you 2day, 8/04/04 Cheers Rowley

Icon7

Thats great, Will try and call 2day 08/04/04. Rowley

Rowley... I can get one of these boxes to Sydney for you next week... all the way to Newcastle the following Sunday morning if you arrange the deal and can get either Warren or Neil or Jamie to meet me at Yass or Goulburn or Young (as the case might be...) at a time we would have to arrange.

It will have to be arranged on the phone, however, as I'm not going to be on the net for a few days. Text is okay. 0414 85 7721.

Icon7

Ray, you are a legend! i will see what i can do. i have already spoken to jamie and neil today. awaiting info about price and compatiabilty. cheers

Thread Information