Renault Floride project for sale
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Floride project for sale

Hi All,

I have a 1959 Floride which I began restoring but am now reluctantly offering for sale.
    The car is completely dismantled and the shell, doors & roof have been professionally dipped & coated with Kephos (aka Paintgrip 253) to protect the bare metal. There is no rust, paint, bog or anything left that is not sound metal. There are of course plenty of holes where the rust was! The floor pan has also been removed (carefully & correctly, & templates were made prior, as well as a digital 3D scan) and the lead has been removed from all the joints. Basically, the shell is at ground zero for restoration.
    I measured the shell & its straight. It's had a whack on the RHF but all the measure points checked out against the original drawings to within about 5mm.
    Having said that, its going to take a lot of work to get the shell back to roadworthy. The RHF guard is beyond salvation in my opinion, & there is a lot of repair work to do where the rust has been- the usual sills, floor pan & lower guards.

The parts that came off the car have all been bagged & tagged, & I took a lot of photos during the dismantle.
    The headlights have had their reflectors re-plated & reassembled, & look great.
    There is a folding roof which needs new canvas, but has a good sound mechanism.
    There is a spare bonnet & boot & (rusty) doors from a Caravelle, as well as a full set of Caravelle glass & brightwork in good cond.
    3 motors (1x10S, 1x1.4L, 1x?), 2 complete gearbox/rear suspension assemblies.
    A set of extractors & a hot dog exhaust- a bit rusty but not cracked or bent. Also a standard manifold & muffler, also rusty but straight & complete.
    3 sets of wheels- 1 standard with original good cond. hubcaps, 1 set of steel 5 inch & 1 set of Sunraysia-type 5 inch as shown in the 'before dismantling' photos.

The shell is currently sitting on a custom made frame mounted on a boat trailer for easy transporting & wheeling about. The frame overhangs the shell at each end, with the intent to mount it on a rotisserie (half-built...). Trailer is registered (10 months rego) & roadworthy.

Open to offers. PM me if you are interested or have any questions. I would prefer to sell this as a project, but will part it out if I have to- I need the space back!

Advertisement

Location is Blue Mountains NSW.

Gerard.

Renault Floride project for sale-img_0606.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_0608.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_0610.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_4952.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_4953.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_4954.jpgRenault Floride project for sale-img_4958.jpg

Bump.

Bumpity bump. Going to have to move it soon, or its going to become scrap. I REALLY don't want it to become scrap...

Thread Information