DS23 5spd wagon(3rows of seats) anyone ??
  • Register
  • Help
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default DS23 5spd wagon(3rows of seats) anyone ??

Dunno guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....&category=2030

I reckon the starting price has 1 to many zero's in it myself

Advertisement

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Dunno guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....&category=2030

I reckon the starting price has 1 to many zero's in it myself

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Ambitious indeed!

Any Sth Aussies been to have a look at this beast?

Regards
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew D
    Ambitious indeed!

Any Sth Aussies been to have a look at this beast?

Regards
    Andrew
    Looks like the car has been on le grand tour of the north eastern suburbs, but I've never seen it on thhe roads here. Sounds like this guy has never seen the lovely yellow DS23 wagon that I have seen cruising round here either.

However there is a house just around the corner from where some of these pictures were taken where I have seen both a DS sedan and GS wagon which then transmogrified into a HB Vauxhall Viva wagon, not sure if it would be the same owner though.........

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Looks like the car has been on le grand tour of the north eastern suburbs, but I've never seen it on thhe roads here. Sounds like this guy has never seen the lovely yellow DS23 wagon that I have seen cruising round here either.

However there is a house just around the corner from where some of these pictures were taken where I have seen both a DS sedan and GS wagon which then transmogrified into a HB Vauxhall Viva wagon, not sure if it would be the same owner though.........
    I have the yellow safari you refer to - glad you like it. I haven't looked at this car but going by the pics he is dreaming. I would have thought 15k would apply to a restored car. Still, good for me if he gets anywhere near it. What would the premium be on a familiale over a safari?

I have had a look at the D Special you refer to - needs plenty of work. It was on the market 6 months ago.

Hey guys,

Im back from my cold southern adventuture (6 months working in Antarctica) and low and behold i see this thread.

The safari I am sure is an ex Tasmanian car. Was owned by a Dr who ran it into the ground by allowing several of his daughters to use the car as something to learn to drive in. It had a pretty hard life from all reports and always had dents etc etc. A number of local rebuilds etc were performed....worth the money? Me thinks not !

cheers,

Citman - JB (warming up)

I like the sellers description of 'appears as if the car has had an accident' - Does he think we're blind? It looks like a total loss! Virtually every panel is bent. Pretty amazing machine though with 3 rows of seats AND a boot! How long would it be - 5m's+? Longer than a 'standard' safari?
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Quote Originally Posted by Robert But-Husaim
    I have the yellow safari you refer to - glad you like it. I haven't looked at this car but going by the pics he is dreaming. I would have thought 15k would apply to a restored car. Still, good for me if he gets anywhere near it. What would the premium be on a familiale over a safari?

I have had a look at the D Special you refer to - needs plenty of work. It was on the market 6 months ago.
    If your yellow Safari is an Adelaide car, and an original colour, you just might have Derek Jolly's old one. A long shot, but yellow Safaris aren't that common!! I vaguely remember he had a yellow one, kept it for quite a few years (never washed it, was the rumour). DJ started Decca's Place in North Adelaide and lived in a Flying Saucer on Melbourne St, apart from various other interests including Lotus.

Be interesting to know.

JohnW

UFO

DEFINITELY one too many zeros in the expected price. Notice that no one bid.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information