1999 Peugeot 406 Coupe - Manual
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By SilverGTi_6
  • 1 Post By SilverGTi_6

Thread: 1999 Peugeot 406 Coupe - Manual

Default 1999 Peugeot 406 Coupe - Manual

I am posting the below add on behalf of my brother, Jeremy. He is selling his coupe, which was owned by me many years ago. It needs a bit of work, but is still a good car. Jeremy will take some current pics shortly.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................

With sadness, I have decided to sell my much loved 406 Coupe manual V6. The car has been in the family for over 10 years and has proved to be a reliable, gorgeous, and fun car to own. It still draws attention and comment everywhere it goes. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to commit to it at the moment, so I will be letting it go.

The interior is black leather and exterior is Cosmos Grey. There is about 217k on the clock with a good service history.

It has all of the usual 406 Coupe features including: auto dimming rear view mirror, electric heated seats, Brembo brakes, climate control, rain sensing wipers etc. In addition, the car has some modifications which include:

• Rare 19” DeCorsa Polaris 5 spoke wheels
    • Custom made hub adaptors to fit wheels ($1200)
    • Eibach lowering springs
    • High quality audio install
    • Custom exhaust system (sounds absolutely fantastic)
    • Custom alloy intake with K&N filter
    • Performance Chip (dyno’d at 131kw atw)
    • Custom retrimmed steering wheel (unfortunately starting to show signs of wear)
    • Momo leather and chrome hand brake
    • Xenon Headlights

In the interest of a completely honest sale, the following points should be noted:

• The gear linkages were recently replaced, but the operation is not as smooth as previous
    • The standard springs will likely need to be reinstalled (included) as there is some rubbing on full lock when turning at low speed
    • The front bumper is cracked, but a replacement will be provided
    • There is some minor hail damage on some panels which can be noticed from some angles
    • The front tyres are worn (standard 16” wheels included in sale)
    • The timing belt is due
    • The RHS outer boot has a small split
    • The cruise control does not function
    • The front two wheel centre caps are not fitted (one broken and the other lost – thanks to overtightening by tyre fitters)
    • The indicator switch can be temperamental

Noting the above, the engine is strong, the interior is pretty good for its age and the car still drives nicely. It just needs a bit of time spent on it to return it to its former glory.

Ideally, I would like to receive 3500 for the car, but I am of course negotiable on price.

I have included some older pics of the car below to show the modifications. I will try to take some current pics in the coming weeks. Please contact me if you would like to discuss, or view the car.

Jeremy

Advertisement

Last edited by SilverGTi_6; 31st January 2016 at 04:36 PM.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Default 1999 Peugeot 406 Coupe - Manual

Sold. Driven off by the new owner this afternoon.

Thanks for the interest.
    Ben
    markb2501 likes this.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Thread Information