505 Familiale for sale
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default 505 Familiale for sale

There's a 505 wagon (Familiale, I guess...) for sale in Goulburn which has had a bit of stuff removed...

Advertisement

Was an SR automatic, the engine's gone however, but the box remains. There's no rear bumper, I think (might have been removed to take off the towbar, however, and still be inside the vehicle, and there's been a bit of an underbonnet fire.

The worst thing is that the front wiring loom is cut or damaged. The door trims may be missing as well, but the seats are there, even if the front ones need covers.

If nobody wants it whole, I think it's to be chucked out. If that's the case I will be putting offers on some parts.

This will probably all happen this week...

In the meantime there's another 505 in Goulburn, an STi auto. Probably a good engine, it's gone off the road because tyres are on the way out, rego is up and there's a bit of rust under the windscreen.

Some front panels have been sold, so it's being wrecked...

Let me know if you want anything and I'll see what goes with it. Of course, the wiring loom and engine would give you a complete wagon if you were interested in doing a deal with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    There's a 505 wagon (Familiale, I guess...) for sale in Goulburn which has had a bit of stuff removed...

Was an SR automatic, the engine's gone however, but the box remains. There's no rear bumper, I think (might have been removed to take off the towbar, however, and still be inside the vehicle, and there's been a bit of an underbonnet fire.

The worst thing is that the front wiring loom is cut or damaged. The door trims may be missing as well, but the seats are there, even if the front ones need covers.

If nobody wants it whole, I think it's to be chucked out. If that's the case I will be putting offers on some parts.

This will probably all happen this week...

In the meantime there's another 505 in Goulburn, an STi auto. Probably a good engine, it's gone off the road because tyres are on the way out, rego is up and there's a bit of rust under the windscreen.

Some front panels have been sold, so it's being wrecked...

Let me know if you want anything and I'll see what goes with it. Of course, the wiring loom and engine would give you a complete wagon if you were interested in doing a deal with both.
    Ray,
    I'd be interested in the centre row of seats, also a right hand front door.
    I have had to put the engine/g-box on hold, foot still broke.
    I'll be in touch with cruiserman and yourself soon.
    Let me know about the saets,
    Thanks
    chris

The seats are that brown tweed... I'll check them out today.

Right front door, like all doors, is fine. I'll check prices for you...

Fellow Frogger!

Ray I'm interested in an STI motor if its a good un' and the price is right.

I'll get the price today, Warren... and check for any detail they have. I think the kid in the yard drove it... he said 'these things really fly...'

Does anyone know if Ian Wells sold his STi engine? It was a good one, I could bring that from Brisbane in three weeks as an alternative?

Orange17...

I was wrong about the colour of that tweed... it's the blue and grey colour. And those seats are showing a lot of wear, but they're intact (apart from the extreme wear to the tweed in the right hand seat at the front corner near the door)... they want $50 for the seat and $100 for the door.

I'd need to know within a few days if you want them in Brisbane on the 23rd of the month...

0409 063 662

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Ray that would be good, am in no hurry but I can see a need for a good spare.
    I also have a couple of brown tweed interiors in excellent condition if anyone is after that sort of thing.

$550 was mentioned in relation to the engine, Warren.

They said it tested very well, went like the clappers, no smoke, all that stuff.

Fellow Frogger!

Have you seen it ?
    I get the impression it is in a wreckers yard is that right ?
    If you have seen it does it show any signs of oil leaks ?
    How many kms are on it and what is its history ?
    Thanks Ray

Fellow Frogger!

I looked at it 8mths ago it has around 300k on it, Canberra car, silver paint v. average
    the motor was done up in Qbn by.......... caught fire the next day !!!!!
    Lady NOT happy, sold to wrecker. so the auto should be ok
    reasonably straight no visible rust
    Good luck

Originally posted by Warren Gordon
    Have you seen it ?
    I get the impression it is in a wreckers yard is that right ?
    If you have seen it does it show any signs of oil leaks ?
    How many kms are on it and what is its history?
    The car has been put off the road by the simultaneous arrival of some rust below the windscreen, three bald tyres and rego falling due... it frankly looked too good to wreck, but these are the best ones to make money out of.

I can check the mileage if you like... but Ian Wells has given me a call... he has his engine still and is keen to get it out of the garage. 306,000 kms, the head done up 65,000kms ago (if I remember this right), was running fine until his son hit a kerb or something and bent up the front end. For a lot less than the one in the wreckers it can be yours... with known history. I can, of course, fetch it from Brisbane if you desire.

alpine's post is about the Familiale, by the way, not the STi...

Orange 17... I need to hear from you by 10am tomorrow if you want those bits in Brisbane next week... otherwise they will have to wait another month or more.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Ray
    The one in Brissy sounds more like it. I don't mind paying for a good motor, ones that come from wreckers usually loose their identity, and are a bit of an unknown quantity.
    Incidentaly I got the whole car ,manual gearbox and imperial rims, for less than $500.
    If you can't get the engine this trip no problem, like I said, I can wait.
    I will pay freight too of course.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Gordon
    Thanks Ray
    The one in Brissy sounds more like it. I don't mind paying for a good motor, ones that come from wreckers usually loose their identity, and are a bit of an unknown quantity.
    Incidentaly I got the whole car ,manual gearbox and imperial rims, for less than $500.
    If you can't get the engine this trip no problem, like I said, I can wait.
    I will pay freight too of course.

i think the STI in goulburn is a private car and the wagon is at the wreckers from what i can gather from Ray
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

The car has been put off the road by the simultaneous arrival of some rust below the windscreen, three bald tyres and rego falling due... it frankly looked too good to wreck, but these are the best ones to make money out of.

I can check the mileage if you like... but Ian Wells has given me a call... he has his engine still and is keen to get it out of the garage. 306,000 kms, the head done up 65,000kms ago (if I remember this right), was running fine until his son hit a kerb or something and bent up the front end. For a lot less than the one in the wreckers it can be yours... with known history. I can, of course, fetch it from Brisbane if you desire.

alpine's post is about the Familiale, by the way, not the STi...

Orange 17... I need to hear from you by 10am tomorrow if you want those bits in Brisbane next week... otherwise they will have to wait another month or more.
    Ray,
    Sorry I haven't seen any posts here for a fewdays, still laid up with broken foot, waiting for an operation date, car stuff has taken backseat so to speak.
    I'll be in touvch though. Thanks anyhow.
    Chris

Fellow Frogger!

Ray email me on [email protected] .com
    if you have any more info.
    Thanks

Ray: did you chance to see if the rear end is still there ie is the diff there..... good for the ute? Is there a price hinted.
    ( also The Goulburn Swap is on the 4 April. If interested I could pick up then.)
    Phil

Both cars are in wrecking yards...

Phil, I think they would want more for that diff than you'd like to pay. But you can ask... or I can ask for you.

Warren, I will give you a call... I think I might have a full trailer, but the next trip might only be three weeks away...

Ray, if you can ask , give me a call. Are you getting anything else that might sweeten the deal. Is there an indication as to an offer being made?
    There is a complete wagon going for $500 so obviously the diff would need to be substantially cheaper. We can only ask.
    Regards Phil

If there's a wagon going for $500 you're sure to do all right out of that...

I won't be back in Goulburn for over a week.

Default wagon

Ray, the wagon is a 404 not 504 and its a bit sad. I've been given another 404 ute out near Goulburn so soon I'll be in that area. Give me a call about the wagon in Goulburn as there is a "early" Pug in the wreckers near the showground who want $275 for the rear member wheel to wheel.

Oh really?

Someone was supposed to be coming for that rear end a couple of weeks ago...

The 404 wagon is that bad?

Icon3

Ray, Are those parts still available? would the driveline( gearbox and diff) fit in a 1984 505 wagon? How much to purchase and is it possible ship up to Newcastle!

I don't know for sure... I would have to check the length of the torque tube and the placement of the brake lines etc.

What's your situation that leads you to ask?

In the meantime there's another 505 in Goulburn, an STi auto.
    Ray, I'd be interested in knowing how much they'd like for the rear springs, struts and anti-roll bar from the STi if it's still around. Thanks...zac

Icon10

Ray, i have a 1984 505 gr wagon. the zf 3hp 18 gearbox is "shot". the option of a rebuild means a large bank loan! i am currently hunting up prices for a 2nd hand one. my diff has too much play and some noise, but, it apparently has been there for 160,000kms. so to get a gearbox and diff would be a great help. also my front disc's are beyond machining. apart from that the gaelic girl is fine. Rowley

I'll see if I can get a price for you Saturday, Rowley... do you have a mobile number so I can let you know?

Please don't PM me... text me on 0414 85 7721 if you like. I won't be on the net for a few days...

Likewise for you, Zac.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information