Gorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default [SOLD] Gorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS

*** SOLD ***

Selling our Gorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS.

Before we detail the gremlins, behold the pictures!

Gorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2173-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2175-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2176-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2177-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2179-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2185-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2187-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2196-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2197-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2199-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2200-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_20140717_171933-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_20140717_171943-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_20140717_172114-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_20140717_172132-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2213-web-.jpgGorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2217-web-.jpg

Right up front, this car has some gremlins / issues which we want to detail. For this reason, we're selling it for a bargain price to anyone who wants a gorgeous car and is prepared to do a little work to have her running ship-shape.

What's the story? "PUG300" was purchased two years ago from a dealer (car yard price was $16,990). She's been absolutely amazing and a God send for my wife and I. A beautiful car to drive, safe, powerful and fantastic for long trips (such as a few drives down to Armidale!).

So what's the issue? Approx. 6 months ago while driving the vehicle, the engine check light illuminated. This began a long and expensive journey to try and find out what was causing the light. Initially the car was running file despite the light being lit. As time progressed (and as the mechanics bills went up), the engine started to occasionally go into 'limp' mode. It would literally go from full power to 'safe mode' where it lacks power in an instant. Seems like the ECU is triggering this.

Fast forward to today, and the car runs rough as guts when it's cold - but often when it warms up, suddenly springs to life again. I simply can't figure it out.

What could it be? Well I've been told it's most likely a sensor issue - as it still runs quite well when warm. Which sensor? I don't know.

Why sell it now? We have no need for the Peugeot - with two other cars already in the household. We've spent enough on the car already and we simply don't have the time to worry about getting it fixed. We're going overseas at years end and need to save our cash. We would rather pass it on to someone who's ready for the challenge and ready for a bargain.

Haven't we tried to fix it? We initially took it to Peugeot who charged us a total of $2200 to replace the chain guides, run various diagnostics, replace ignition coils and re-flash the ECU. She ran well for a few days before spluttering when cold again. Another mechanic found an air leak, charged $1200 for a new rocker cover gasket, testing of injectors and spark plugs. Still rough when cold. Finally an auto-electrician charged $700 just to probe the car. He found a faulty O2 sensor and a faulty ESP module. We did *not* proceed with fixing these, as we've spent enough already. I realise the O2 sensor could be the fix, but I simply don't wish to spend any more.

So besides running rough when cold, any other issues? Besides the above listed, the car is fantastic!! I think the only thing I can think of is the "tire pressure not monitored" message that appears each time you start up the car - but that's quite common in Peugeots, and it IS still monitoring the tire pressure in all four tyres.

Is it even drivable? Absolutely! As mentioned, she's just very moody, especially when cold which is why we suspect a sensor issue somewhere. Once she warms up she often springs to life. I (Dave) took her for a drive around the estate this afternoon and filmed the drive. Apologies for the poor quality video (and the delay when I get stuck behind an L plater!) but it shows you the car is definitely drivable!

OK, so what else is good about her then? Well she's in absolutely amazing condition. We've always treated our cars well and this is no exception. The interior is beautiful with leather-appointed seats, a massive sweeping glass moonroof, gorgeous textured plastics throughout the front. The engine (despite the current gremlins) is feisty and fun, not to mention very clean! 150hp and 240nm makes for an enjoyable experience. The sound system is clear and precise, the steering sharp - everything is great. She's in really good condition as you can see from the photos. Electric windows, air bags all in perfect condition, never been in an accident, never stolen or written off. She's been a much loved car.

Advertisement

As we've said - we really hope we can pass this car on to someone who can spend a little time (and knowledge) on getting her running 100% again. She has been a great car and will be greatly missed - but times move on and we have two other cars now, and little time to tend to this one.

She's registered until August of this year but with the engine gremlins we obviously won't be able to sell with a valid safety certificate. So the car will be sold as unregistered. If you want the personalised euro plates as apart of the deal, just let me know and price your offer accordingly

The details:

2007 Peugeot 207 GT
    1.6L Turbo Petrol Engine
    Diablo Red with panoramic glass roof
    107,000km, serviced every 5-10K.
    Optional Personalised Euro Plates PUG300

Asking price (considering the above) $SOLD!
    Yes, that's a bargain. An absolute bargain.

As as many questions as you like, but I want this sold ASAP.

-Dave and Bron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gorgeous Red 2007 Peugeot 207 GT 1.6L Turbo Manual WITH GREMLINS - Grab a bargain.-img_2205-web-.jpg  
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 19th July 2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: SOLD!

Thread Information