F/S 1998 Xantia 75th Anniversary 16V 5SP low kms on Carsales, Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Richard

Thread: F/S 1998 Xantia 75th Anniversary 16V 5SP low kms on Carsales, Sydney

Tadpole

Default F/S 1998 Xantia 75th Anniversary 16V 5SP low kms on Carsales, Sydney

I'm not the owner, but this car is so good I thought I'd share.

I've been looking at a potential replacement for my '95 SX auto 2.0i , but will probably get a few expensive problems fixed instead.

I had an extensive test drive of this car but decided to stick with an auto due to lots of peak-hour driving mixed with w/e country drives on corrugated dirt roads.

The advertised car is a 75th Anniversary early Series 2, 150k with an ask of $2,800: ( 1998 Citroen Xantia 75th Anniversary SX )

Cons:
    There's some fading and slight scratching on the bonnet and roof and the spoiler is slightly faded. It has the usual car-park knock on the rear bumper. There is also a small low-pressure fluid leak in a rear return line or sphere join. There's a finger-pressure dimple on the near side rear.

Pros:
    Despite the mild upper panel fading, the car looks really, really good, sides excellent with matching inserts. Nicely polished. All electrics, sunroof etc, seem to work. Interior with the sunroof is really nice.

Advertisement

I checked front and rear at full height : Exhaust seems Citroen and quiet, front rubbers seem good, hoses good with no other apparent leaks or degradation, boots OK.

The engine bay is clean and original looking, ticks over nicely.

The car is a total pleasure to drive, it's got the Citroen feel over rough stuff but like all Xantias, is really well behaved. The 16V pulls smoothly. The clutch engagement is a little "close" for me, I prefer to feather my changes, but feels good at any upper-gear change. The 5 speed ratios are excellent!

I keep seeing Xantias at bargain basement prices or going to the crusher. This is a one-family owner, with records and a known mechanic.

I really wish I could justify buying a second Xantia, this is the sort of car that will be admired at Cit-ins in a few years when we are all lamenting letting so many die, feels right with years of daily drive left.

No, this isn't a paid advert! I will ask the owner to let me know when it's sold, wish I had more $$ and at least one garage!

Tadpole? Huh! I have always owned a French car: '95 Xantia SX, '79 CX 2400, '59 Floride, '63 Pug 403B (rebuilt everything with my own dirty hands - owned 1976 to 1994), 403a, Aussie '63 ID19 Parisienne (Low Miles!) and my first car, a '59 ID19 bought from Bill Sr in the mid '70s!
    FedGrapes and Balki like this.

Tadpole

Default Price is now negotiable.

The car is still for sale and the owner is willing to negotiate price.

Here's a pic I took when I took it for an extensive test drive a few weeks ago.

F/S 1998 Xantia 75th Anniversary 16V 5SP low kms on Carsales, Sydney-red_xantia_75th.jpg

I'm getting my '95 2.0i fixed; paint and mechanicals, ($$, it was either that or another one lost forever), so despite the huge temptation, I haven't bought this one...

Contact the owner through carsales or PM me.

Tadpole

Default Car Is Sold

Another Xantia lives! According to the (ex) owner, a Melbourne buyer flew up, took it for a drive and bought it on the spot.

I'll delete the post after a week or two.

Thread Information