205 GTi S1 for sale
  • Register
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default 205 GTi S1 for sale

OK, I've sold the number 2 house (parts store) so a lot of stuff has to go!
    One of the things is a series 1 205 GTi This is an exceptionally original car, I have seeing it driving around North Balwyn ever since it was new.
    It is very straight except for the front right guard, replacement supplied. Interior is well worn but better than some, glove box lid missing of course.
    Goes very well, gearbox OK, beam OK, suspension OK. Maybe a slightly noisy driveshaft can't remember now.
    The only bad thing mechanically is the clutch, that and the guard would be why it was retired. It is very heavy and takes up right on the floor. A $250 kit from Caravelle will fix it no problems.
    Paint faded and clear coat flaking, cherry red.
    Would make a fantastic project car.
    $600 ONO.

Graham

Advertisement

VIP Sponsor

OK, have photos but on my phone and I can't find the cable.
    I can send them by phone if you want.
    The driver seat is really bad as it turns out but will supply Si seats front and rear.
    Wheels are negotiable, anything from pepper pots through 405 steelies to 13 inch steelies( to hold it off the ground.)
    I think the clutch would be OK to use for a while with some adjustment on the cable, started instantly, obviously has a good battery.
    Talking of Sis I am more than happy to throw in a 205 Si, drives fine, but has a big dent in rear quarter panel.
    These two together would really make a great project with the power steering, late interior etc. on the Si.

Looking at around $800 ONO for the two.

Graahm

r
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    OK, I've sold the number 2 house (parts store) so a lot of stuff has to go!
    One of the things is a series 1 205 GTi This is an exceptionally original car, I have seeing it driving around North Balwyn ever since it was new.
    It is very straight except for the front right guard, replacement supplied. Interior is well worn but better than some, glove box lid missing of course.
    Goes very well, gearbox OK, beam OK, suspension OK. Maybe a slightly noisy driveshaft can't remember now.
    The only bad thing mechanically is the clutch, that and the guard would be why it was retired. It is very heavy and takes up right on the floor. A $250 kit from Caravelle will fix it no problems.
    Paint faded and clear coat flaking, cherry red.
    Would make a fantastic project car.
    $600 ONO.

Graham

VIP Sponsor

Both sold today.
    I do have another Si for $300 and maybe a much better GTi for $4300, price for this is firm, not fussed if it sellsor not and certainly not worth selling for less. I am in Melbourne.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    OK, have photos but on my phone and I can't find the cable.
    I can send them by phone if you want.
    The driver seat is really bad as it turns out but will supply Si seats front and rear.
    Wheels are negotiable, anything from pepper pots through 405 steelies to 13 inch steelies( to hold it off the ground.)
    I think the clutch would be OK to use for a while with some adjustment on the cable, started instantly, obviously has a good battery.
    Talking of Sis I am more than happy to throw in a 205 Si, drives fine, but has a big dent in rear quarter panel.
    These two together would really make a great project with the power steering, late interior etc. on the Si.

Looking at around $800 ONO for the two.

Graahm

r

Thread Information