CX daily driver wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default CX daily driver wanted

Hi, I am looking for a CX that has been looked after properly, can be used on a daily basis (although, I only drive around 4 days a week) and is, preferably roadworthy. I am not concerned abot the model though, the later, the better. I would like to try to avoid C-Matic gearboxes as they can be a pain but, if it is a good car, it would be okay.
    Currently own a 2007 C5 wagon with 69,000ks on the clock (I am actually doing the 80,000 K service now as, it is supposed to be done every 6 months). If somebody wants to trade up to this, that would be fine - I have a Chinese lexia on it's own laptop which works and, apart from the crankshaft sensor going, have never had any problems with the car. I put higher preasure spheres on the front and moved the front spheres to the rear and the improvement in ride quality is significant.
    If someone has a good CX then I may have to sell the C5 first (or convice my brother to lend me the money till the C5 sells...)
    I really just want a CX because, they really were the best and most comfortable cars that citroen built and, as I suffer from chronic rhumatoid arthritis, I can do without the bumps.

Advertisement

Please call on 03 983334780 (there is a chap near Dandenong who has been sitting on 2 Cxs for sale (one turbo diesel) for 5 years now and he wants 20k each so - if you are him, don't bother calling)

cheers

Warren

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all who replied. There are some really good cars out there, all needing some work before registerable. I probably jumped the gun on this as I am on a dissabillity pension so, only just make the rent every month. It will also take some time to sell the C5 but, having said that, I cannot be carless for more than a couple of days (Kids). I had also assumed that I would be able to borrow the money from my brother but, as soon as I wrote the post, I had a call to hear that he had been rushed into hospital with bowel cancer. So, the plan is now to sell one of my guitars (a 12 string Franklin ladder braced "Leadbelly guitar - only 13 made). if anyone is interested 6K. I actually sugessted to one guy that he let me pay for the car in installments while he holds onto the guitar as collatarol. He obvjously thinks I am insane and, I don't blame him. Anyway, once the guitar is sold, I will contact the 3 guys who contacted me and see if they still have the cars and buy one...
    Sorry for wasting your time.
    Warren
    Last edited by WRB; 14th October 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information